[vc_row][vc_column][vc_empty_space height=”60px”][vc_custom_heading text=”PR agency results: pay an expert – or get paid – to play Call of Duty!” use_theme_fonts=”yes” el_class=”news-heading”][vc_column_text]Last week, we launched a campaign for long-standing PR agency client Bidvine, a local services marketplace. Alongside press office activity, we’ve worked on many memorable campaigns with them.
Bidvine users can find local professionals to deliver services. From plumbing to personal training. From music lessons to house-painting.
In short, Bidvine users find people that are experts in their fields, and users pay them for their expertise.
How can we take this concept and deliver everything a client in 2017 wants – yes, coverage, but also links, traffic, sales/registrations etc. – in a creative and measurable way?
Well, we took the idea that professionals quote for work requested by members of the public, and thought, ‘let’s look at other more weird and wonderful services people might actually want to pay for’!
Call of Duty World War 2 was recently released. The online mode is a notorious time-sink, with players grinding for many hours to level up. We wondered – could there be a services market in people both earning and paying to play Call of Duty, thus creating professional CoD players?
Well, it turns out, there could be. There is.
With Bidvine, we created the page and simple process on and by which people could either earn money on an hourly basis to play Call of Duty online, or pay people on an hourly and task-specific basis to play for them. We sent the press release out to announce it, and then…
The press and public ate it up – helped by the fact paying others to help you level up is a contentious concept! We achieved:
- 100+ pieces of coverage around the world, including coverage on some great high Domain Authority sites, including the Daily Express, IGN, the Daily Star, Videogamer and Rolling Stone
- Dozens of videos made about the idea, including:
- 5k+ social media shares
- 825 people signed up to be professional Call of Duty players
- More than 2,000 customer requests for pro Call of Duty players
- 3 requests a minute at its peak!
- On the busiest day, Bidvine saw a 155% increase in traffic compared to the average number of daily sessions during the past month. On Thursday it was still a 58% increase
- 70+ follow links
- A big spike in Google searches for Bidvine around the time of the campaign
How much does working with a PR agency like us cost?
If you’d like to know, just email us, tell us a bit about what you’re after and we’ll tell you, honestly.